We will be open again to students on 5th October.
If you are planning to attend the college, you must adhere to the Covid-19 Regulations below.
These regulations are a legal requirement. Anyone who fails to follow them will be asked to leave our premises and it is our duty to report any covid related breaches of the law.
1. We are now operating an appointments only service. We no longer provide a drop-in service. To book your appointment, please contact us by phone or email at least 2 working days before you’d like to attend NTC to confirm your attendance date and time. Due to restrictions on the number of people we can have in the building at any one time, we may not be able to accommodate all requests. If we cannot accommodate your preferred date / time, we will offer you some alternative options. Please do not attend without confirmation of your appointment from a member of NTC staff.
2. Please do not come to your appointment if you have any of the following symptoms:
– A persistent dry cough
– A temperature
– Feeling generally unwell
If this applies to you, please call us immediately to rearrange your appointment.
3. On arrival at the building, please press the buzzer on the intercom system and identify yourself to our staff. You will only be allowed entry to the building at the time of your pre-booked appointment. Appointment slots are two hours long and can be used for advice, information or guidance on the services we can offer you or your existing course with us.
4. Masks must be worn in the building at all times, unless you are exempt. Please put your mask on before entering the building. Due to our work with vulnerable adults, if you are exempt from wearing a mask, you must let us know in advance of your appointment and we may ask you to provide evidence of your exemption.
5. When you enter the building, a member of our team will ask you to sanitise your hands and take your temperature. You will then be asked to sign in using our track and trace system, which includes providing your name and telephone number. Failure to do any of these things will result in you being asked to leave the premises.
6. Please follow the arrows on the floor to your designated student station. Stick to your station and keep a 2m distance from others at all times, even those you may know. Failure to maintain social distancing will result in being asked to leave the premises. Please be aware that some of our corridors and stairways are quite narrow. Do not squeeze past others in the building. Please give everyone a respectful distance, which may mean waiting to use the stairs until the other person has gone.
7. We will no longer be providing mugs, plates, cutlery or food and drink. You are welcome to bring your own food and drink in your own containers if you need to, but please do not eat and drink whilst using our computers.
8. Toilets can be accessed via our upstairs bathroom. Please use the sanitiser and anti bacterial wipes we have provided to wipe down any surfaces that you have touched in the bathroom.
9. When leaving the building, students will no longer be able to use the main entrance door. We have a one way system in place. Students will now exit via our Fire Exit door. If you are unsure where this is, please ask a member of staff or follow our floor arrows.
The above regulations adhere to the new legally binding government guidelines.
More information can be found here:
Please note, the government fine for individuals in breach of the new covid laws is now £300 per offence.
If you attend our premises representing a business / organisation, breaches could be up to £10,000 per offence.
We reserve the right to report breaches of the law to any relevant authorities.
Please CLICK HERE to view our full Covid-19 Risk Assessment.